It’s with great pleasure that we welcome the following parent and staff representatives onto The Patch School Council for 2023:
President: Angela Ellis
Vice President (Term 1&2): Nadine Goodall
Treasurer: Marie Schoenmaker
Secretary: Mikhaela Bourke
Parent representatives: Emma Taylor, Angela Ellis, Kathryn James, Terence Moon, Peter D'Abico, Nadine Goodall & Mikhaela Bourke.
Staff representatives: Jim Burnside (Principal), Michelle Rayner (Assistant Principal), Alesha Sangster, Tania Blandthorn & Karen Robinson.
Community representatives: TRY Australia - Jo Rouse
Council Subcommittees: Community, Finance, Buildings & Grounds, Policies.
School Council welcomes contact from parents. Feel free to email the school at email@example.com or a letter sent to the school made Attention to School Council, or see contact details for President below.
Currently, School Council meet monthly on a Tuesday night at 6.00pm. All parents from the school community are welcome to attend meetings - just contact Jim or Kim prior to the meeting on 9756 7463.
What is the function of school council?
- Establish the broad direction and vision of the school within the school's community
- Participate in the development and monitoring of the school strategic plan
- Develop, review and update school policies
- Develop, review and monitor the Student Engagement Policy and the School Dress Code
- Raise funds for school-related purposes
- Approve the annual budget and monitor expenditure
- Maintain the school’s grounds and facilities
- Enter into contracts (e.g. cleaning, construction work)
- Report annually to the school community and to DEECD
- Generally stimulate interest in the school in the wider community
School Council does not...
Manage the school
Employ ongoing teaching staff with no fixed date for termination
Represent sectional interests
Renew the principal's contract or hire and fire the school principal
Determine class allocations
Discuss individual issues between teachers and students and/or parents
Purchase land or buildings
Enter into hire purchase agreements or obtain credit or loan facilities, unless authorised by the Minister
If you wish to know more about the operations of School Council, please visit: http://www.education.vic.gov.au/school/principals/management/Pages/schoolcouncil.aspx