School Council 2019
It’s with great pleasure that we welcome the following parent and staff representatives onto The Patch School Council for 2019:
President: Becks Wapshott
Vice President: Ange Ellis
Treasurer: Joanne Cheong
Parent representatives: Elke Evans, Linda McBride, Michael Rosenfield, Angel Brunette
Staff representatives: Deb Hermann (Principal), Michelle Rayner (Assistant Principal), Pauleen Gould, Alesha Sangster, Jennie Simpson
Community representatives: TRY Australia
Council Subcommittees: Community, Finance, Buildings & Grounds, Policies.
School Council welcomes contact from parents. Feel free to email the school at firstname.lastname@example.org or a letter sent to the school made Attention to School Council, or see contact details for President below.
Currently, School Council meet monthly on a Tuesday night at 7.15pm. All parents from the school community are welcome to attend meetings - just contact Deb or Maddy prior to the meeting on 9756 7463.
What is the function of school council?
- Establish the broad direction and vision of the school within the school's community
- Participate in the development and monitoring of the school strategic plan
- Develop, review and update school policies
- Develop, review and monitor the Student Engagement Policy and the School Dress Code
- Raise funds for school-related purposes
- Approve the annual budget and monitor expenditure
- Maintain the school’s grounds and facilities
- Enter into contracts (e.g. cleaning, construction work)
- Report annually to the school community and to DEECD
- Generally stimulate interest in the school in the wider community
School Council does not...
Manage the school
Employ ongoing teaching staff with no fixed date for termination
Represent sectional interests
Renew the principal's contract or hire and fire the school principal
Determine class allocations
Discuss individual issues between teachers and students and/or parents
Purchase land or buildings
Enter into hire purchase agreements or obtain credit or loan facilities, unless authorised by the Minister
If you wish to know more about the operations of School Council, please visit: http://www.education.vic.gov.au/school/principals/management/Pages/schoolcouncil.aspx